Top 5 Nollywood Villagers
GD Star Rating
Alright, I didn’t mean it like that.
The following is a list of the Top 5 Young Nollywood Actors and Actresses in a Villager Role, in no particular order (P.S the list does not include senior actors like Nkem Owoh and Sam Loco Efe):
- FRANCIS DURU: The man has taken the villager title upon himself, so much so that seeing him in a city/polished role seems very out of place. From Soul Engagement to Sister of Virtue, nobody plays the razz village boy like Francis Duru.
- CHIGOZIE ATUANYA: Mekus de lalala the interlatiolal buooy! If you’ve never heard that before then you are very much behind the rest of the world. Since his role as the igbo-boy JJC in the movie “Blackberry Babes“, Chigozie Atuanya has become the representation of the quintessential Onitsha trader (and he does it so very well).
- FUNKE AKINDELE: How many people do you know that become famous worldwide (note that I did not say nationwide or continentwide there) for wearing PJs and a boot? *waiting for a response* *listens for a response* Did I hear you? Oh yes, right! Nobody! Because nobody else is Funke Akindele. Ahhh! Jenifa Suliat Kan, Aiyetoro kan (don’t try it)
- MIKE EZURUONYE: It goes without saying that this list would be entirely incomplete without the one and only wonderboy. From his role as the celebrity football player ‘wonderboy’ in the celebrity to his comedic role in the movie Drop of Blood, Mike Ezuruonye as a villager is definitely a bag of jokes
- MERCY JOHNSON: And last but not least, the queen of them all (well arguably) the razzite without competition, the villager for all villagers, from Dumebi to Veronica to Heart of a Fighter back to Keep Me Alive, there is no one like Mercy Johnson.
Any one else?